The GBCQ was founded in December 2002 in Doha being a non-governmental and non-profit seeking association representing all interested German and Qatari companies, their representatives, as well as Germans, Qataris and other nationalities, engaged in business activities in both countries.Learn more
Promote business relations between the Federal Republic of Germany and the State of Qatar
Offer a link to organizers of German trade missions and German foreign trade offices promoting Middle East / German business relations and promote German trade and industry sectors in Qatar
Assist the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Doha by providing any information relevant to the promotion of economic relations.
Develop and reinforce contacts between the business councils of other countries active in the state of Qatar
Represent the business interests of German and Qatari business people when dealing with government institutions, authorities and other official organisations of the two countries
Provide Qatari and German business men and women on a regular basis with a networking platform to exchange their views and organise business events, seminars, symposia, discussions as well as social events in order to enhance mutual communication and cooperation
The Board is the cooperative executive representative body of the GBCQ. Whilst taking into consideration the decisions of the Members' Assembly, the Board shall support the fulfillment of the GBCQ's duties and protect the interests of the members of the GBCQ. The Board consits of 5 people, the Chairman of the Board, the Vice Chairman of the Board and 3 Board Members. H.E. The German Ambassador to the State of Qatar is an Honorary Board Member of the GBCQ.
Honorary Board Member
HE Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Qatar
H.E. Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser bin Khaled Al Thani
Honorary Board Member
Schenker Logistics W.L.L.
SEIB Insurance & Reinsurance L.L.C.
Since the main objective of the Council is to promote, cultivate and assist business relations between Germany and Qatar by forming a platform where business representatives of both nations can meet and exchange views and ideas, we hold events regularly.
Webinar: Preparedness for Qatar Mandatory Health Insurance Implementation - What You Need to Know?
Please join us in collaboration with the American Chamber of Commerce for the webinar titled, "Prep...View Event
Join us! Explore the benefits from joining the GBCQ.Be a member
The GBCQs membership is growing since its foundation, however we are welcoming new members in order to increase and improve the scope of our activities, i.e. GBCQ is closely cooperating with the German Industry and Commerce Office Qatar (AHK).
QAR 4,000 / YearQAR 1,000 for every additional associate
- General advocacy support
- Access to all and member- exclusive Council events/ webinars
- Listing of your company details on the GBCQ website
- Possibility to send announcements to the GBCQ database
- Membership Card for exclusive discounts on numerous F&B outlets, hotels etc. in Doha
- Inter-Council events (Back2Business, speed dating...)
- Social events (Stammtisch)
- Membership discount on entrance fee at GBCQ Events
QAR 20,000 / Year
- Additionally to corporate Membership benefits customized support
- Setting up meetings with key policy makers/influencers through the network of the German Industry and Commerce Office Qatar (AHK)
- Access to intimate events with Government
- Possibility to speak at GBCQ events
- One dedicated VIP table for 4 representatives at GBCQ Christmas Dinner
- your roll-up will be placed at all GBCQ Events
Your logo will appear:
- On the GBCQ website with a direct link to your website
- in our e-mail signatures with a direct link to your website
- in our e-mail invitations to Council events
- on all name badges at all Council events
- on a dedicated signboard at the AHK/GBCQ office
QAR 1,000 / Year
- Inclusion of name in in private member’s list in the online member’s directory
- Invitation to GBCQ events
- Voting right at the Annual General Member’s Assembly
- Membership card that entitles the corporate member to exclusive discounts on numerous F&B outlets, hotels etc. in Doha